Transport in VrindavanVrindavan is among the most populous holy places in India. As people from all over India and world visit here in search of divine power, peace of mind along with vacation purposes. This place has been the center of attraction from the ancient time and there is a rapid increase in the visitors since last few decades. This place is an important Hindu pilgrimage site, therefore, there is always a requirement of the world class transport facility to provide conveyance to the visitors from all over the world. Vrindavan town is 10 km away from Mathura, hence maximum connectivity to the town is from Mathura.
The transport of Vrindavan can be classified in to various categories which basically depends on the distance it covers. Tonga, rickshaws, auto-rickshaws, ghoda gadi and private vehicles are the important modes of transportation in this town.
Local Transport in Vrindavan
Auto-rickshaws and rickshaws type of conveyance is best preferred to travel to less distance within the town or from one temple to another. This town is known as the forest town and with the modernization it is now emerging in as a developing location. The roads are not wide enough to facilitate heavy vehicles because of the heavy population of passengers who travel on foot. Therefore, these cycle rickshaws and auto rickshaws are best suited in such small and busy lanes of the town. Auto rickshaws can be availed to travel to a longer distance as compared to cycle rickshaws. Their fair are reasonable and can be prefixed at the time of hiring the same to avoid any conflict.
Bus Transportation in Vrindavan
There are several inter-state buses which are run by the private operators along with government buses. These buses connect people from nearby cities through the National Highway 28 and National Highway 29. Vrindavan town is not directly connected by rail, however, Mathura provides proper and adequate rail connectivity to major cities of India. Because of the holy place people also travel by their own conveyance such as cars, bikes and other public transports, because of this there is a core need of proper and frequent transportation facility in this town.
There are several challenges which this conveyance facilities has:
- Charging of high rates from the unknown visitors by the rickshaws.
- Unsystematic parking of vehicles. People park their vehicles at their comfort zone which blocks major parts of the road and creates traffic problems.
- Unorganized traffic at some places because of the lack of traffic police and modern techniques to divert the traffic to the right path and direction.
- No direct rail connectivity to major cities of India. Visitors have to travel from Mathura on public conveyance or hiring a personal auto rickshaw who charge uneven fairs.
- Lack of broad and maintained roads. Most of the roads are narrow and damaged and covered by parked vehicles. Narrow lane and by-lane makes it difficult for vehicles to move on in the heavy crowed.
- No separate footpaths for people who travel on foot to this holy place.
- Shortage of cycle and auto-rickshaws as compared to the crowd.
- State government and local administrative bodies have taken several plans to reduce the challenges which are at present in Vrindavan. Maintenance and broadening of roads have started to facilitate the better traveling experience to the visitors.
- Proper parking areas are constructed to provide free or reasonably charged parking.
- New licenses are being provided to auto rickshaws and other private transporters in this town to overcome the shortage of transportation vehicles.
- Therefore, in the days to come transportation facility in Vrindavan will be best managed. This will surely lead to the higher pilgrimages visit in this town to enjoy and fulfill their lust for the divine power.